On February 26, 2015, 21‐year‐old Amilcar Perez-Lopez was killed by police mere feet from his home on Folsom St. between 24th and 25th in San Francisco’s Mission District. He was an immigrant from Guatemala who, like many immigrants, came here to earn money for his family back home.
Amilcar’s parents and five younger siblings depended on his remittances as their primary source of income. Amilcar’s hard work and dedication brought electricity to the Perez-Lopez’s home. With the tragic loss of Amilcar, his family in Guatemala need our financial help.
You can help Amilcar’s family.
One‐hundred percent of your donation goes to them.
Your donation is processed through St. John’s Episcopal Church in San Francisco and is tax-deductible.
- Go to St. John’s donation website.
- In the Donation field, enter the amount of your donation.
- Select the frequency of your donation. Options are: One Time, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually.
- Under Payment information, choose your payment methodcredit/debit or PayPal and provide the information as prompted.
- From the list I want my donation to be designated toward:, select Amilcar Perez-Lopez.
- Click DONATE NOW.